Monday, May 31, 2010

Success at Crescent!!

So my dad and I are back from our great road trip up to Crescent Head. We arrived at Crescent on Tuesday night and were greeted with the point crowded but pumping the following morning. The comp started on the Thursday with average waves. Luckily Dad and I didn't start until the Friday so the waves had a bit of time to clean up. On the Friday I was first up. In my heat was Benji Fodor, Jake Bevan, Fraser Dovell (last years winner) and James Haggerty. Jake, Fraser and I got through. I came 2nd.
In the semi I had Fraser and a few other kids. Once again I came second to Fraser. In the final the waves cleaned up a fair bit so it was easier for noseriding. I caught my best wave first up which locked in a fairly solid score.
The presentation was held that evening. I ended up winning with Fraser 2nd, Hugh Daugard 3rd Jake Bevon 4th and Callum Grove 5th. To top off the great night I also won the Best Noseride award.
The following day there were great waves in the morning and again in the afternoon once the wind had dropped off. The crowd wasn't bad as everyone had gone home. Dad and I postponed leaving by three hours due to the great waves. But then it was time to leave Crescent for another year. Or at least until the National Old Mal Titles in September.
Some of the other results for Victoria were Lee Considine coming 4th in the Over 40's Old Mal, Bob Smith coming 4th in the Over 60's and Sam Suenderman coming 3rd in the Under 18 Girls.
Big thanks to Yestin Griffiths (Ankles Papps) for paying for some of my interstate comps through sales of the Blackgate DVD.
Also thanks to NOTE Surfboards for my log I rode up at Crescent.
Pictures of some of the great sessions we had to follow.

7 comments:

  1. That is insane BC! Well done. Good job dad.
    See u guys on sat, at poss hopefully?

    I'll be going to Cres in sep too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done mate...on a log too!
    legendary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again Ben, nice to meet you & your Dad, and look forward to seeing you when Jake & I come down for the winter classic in late July... Bevo

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah man! was stoked to hear of your success!!!
    i'm looking forward to it next year already!
    well done!
    oh and next comp you should have a go of my Evo!!
    just take it when im not looking...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Ben,
    fun surfing with you at crescent (even though the waves were messy).
    Cool blog site. Congrats on getting through state. Hopefully i'll see you at nationals - depends how i go at state.
    Hugh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Hugh. I might go to nationals, not sure. I'm pretty keen to go to the High Performance Camp this year (if I get picked). If not I might see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey again, I just got the latest Aussie longboarding and you got a cool two page spread across pg 30 and pg 31. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete